Keeping your HVAC system’s ductwork clean is critical to maximizing energy efficiency and indoor comfort. Dirty ducts lead to higher energy bills, more HVAC repairs and poor indoor air quality. Price Heating and Air is a family-owned and operated HVAC company that has served customers since 2015. Among our many HVAC services, we believe duct cleaning is one of the most essential. Our service technicians have the skills and tools to reach every nook and cranny of your ducts to keep them in pristine condition.
Common Contaminants That Clog Ductwork
Years of neglect can lead to thick layers of particles clogging your ductwork. Here are the most common contaminants our service technicians find when cleaning ducts:
- Dust and dirt particles are the most common pollutants found in dirty ductwork. If your home has excessive dust and dirt, your ducts are likely dirty.
- Pet hair and dander: Pet owners often experience ductwork clogged with hair and dander from their furry friends that reduces airflow and HVAC efficiency.
- Microbial growth: Excess moisture in your HVAC system’s ductwork creates an ideal breeding ground for microbial to grow. Musty smells signal this problem.
- Pests and insects: Rodents and other critters can find their way into your HVAC system’s ductwork. Their droppings and nests can clog the ducts.
- Pollen and allergens: These particles can settle in your ductwork and accumulate in thick layers over time, worsening symptoms in sufferers.
- Construction debris: If you’ve recently renovated your home, the debris from the construction activities could’ve settled in your ducts and clogged them.
Benefits of Scheduling Duct Cleaning Services
When performing a cost-benefit analysis of duct cleaning, you’ll debate whether the pros of doing so outweigh how you pay for this HVAC service. Here are the benefits:
- Remove particle pollutants to improve your indoor air quality.
- Ease your allergy and asthma symptoms by inhaling cleaner air.
- Save money by improving your HVAC system’s efficiency.
- Extend your HVAC system’s lifespan by reducing breakdowns.
- Enjoy fresher indoor air by removing odors in your ducts.
- Prevent hazardous microbial growth by keeping ducts clean.
Sheet Metal Fabrication Services in Muscle Shoals, AL
In addition to performing duct cleaning services, we also design and create custom ductwork in our sheet metal fabrication shop in Muscle Shoals, AL. We can manufacturer ducts for your new HVAC installation to ensure it operates as efficiently as possible.
Do you remember the last time you scheduled a duct cleaning service? If not, it’s time to do so now. Contact Price Heating and Air to have your ductwork in Florence, Killen, Muscle Shoals, Tuscumbia or the neighboring communities in Alabama cleaned.